• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pin chucks

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
I'm going to attempt a 'mostly kitless' build for another wedding commission I'm starting on. First up I needed pin chucks because both body and cap are closed end. Here's what I ended up with:

image.jpg

I haven't actually used em yet, so fingers firmly crossed! Anyone used pin chucks and got any advice?

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I'm going to attempt a 'mostly kitless' build for another wedding commission I'm starting on. First up I needed pin chucks because both body and cap are closed end. Here's what I ended up with:

View attachment 882

I haven't actually used em yet, so fingers firmly crossed! Anyone used pin chucks and got any advice?

No mate not yet but would love to see how an what comes from the experiment

Jim

Grand Master
What George says ... I love to see this, but most of all i love it when people share it ... :bwink:

Thanks David, can't wait to see the out come ... :thumbs:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
David it looks like the pin is going to be at one end only I thought the pin had to be in the center I mean with the mandrel diameter either side of the pin the same size to support the piece.Frankie

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Pin Chuck Video

View attachment 882

Hi Jim
Found a YOUtube video on pin chucks, hope this helps a bit

Closed End Pen and Project Mandrel - YouTube

Rowdy

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
David it looks like the pin is going to be at one end only I thought the pin had to be in the center I mean with the mandrel diameter either side of the pin the same size to support the piece.Frankie

Frankie, I followed a tutorial on IAP which showed this style? Not sure how it will work though ...

Hi Jim
Found a YOUtube video on pin chucks, hope this helps a bit

Closed End Pen and Project Mandrel - YouTube

Rowdy

Cheers Rowdy! Very useful!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).