• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Jr Gent in an unknown wood

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
This a Jr Gent fountain pen finished in CA. The blank was given to me by Jim but there was no name on it just a load of question marks written on it. If anybody can identify it I'll be most grateful. The wood is easy to turn and is quite oily!!!

Attachments

• 002 (450x299).jpg
    002 (450x299).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 30

Jim

Grand Master
Its a smart looking pen Terry, you have certainly come on in pen making so a big well done my friend ... :thumbs:

Regarding the wood, i don't recall the ?????? Anyway i don't recall giving you any blanks, i just remember you filling your swag bag ... :frenchkiss:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
It could be cocobolo Terry. I was given some a while ago and the markings weren't as pronounced as normal, like yours.

keith

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Terry,

There are so many mysteries in my collection of blanks quite a few unknowns will appear that at the time were household names alas father time. When you give the pen unless you stress the receiver will be very content with your pen it has colour interest and good shape therefore it qualifies.

Kind regards Peter.

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Terry,

There are so many mysteries in my collection of blanks quite a few unknowns will appear that at the time were household names alas father time. When you give the pen unless you stress the receiver will be very content with your pen it has colour interest and good shape therefore it qualifies.

Kind regards Peter.

Thank you very much Peter. Nice words!!!!:thumbs:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
The pen is nicely shaped mate, i made a pen and pecil set from padauk whicjh looks very similar to this. :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).