• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

3 x Dymondwood Streamlines On Gun Metal Kits

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Todays efforts three gun metal streamlines dressed in Dymondwood blanks from Turners Retreat :thinks:

From left to right 01 Burgundy, 04 Cocobolo, 09 Cherry :thinks:

Friction polish & Microcrystaline finish :thinks:

Streamline Dymondwood GM-7a burg coco cherry 800 x 800.jpg

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Billy three Dymondwood pens in a row mate that would fly off the stand IMHO my carry pen for many years was one it was a conversation piece and if I had chosen a certain seller it is a hard finicky material I still have a large block of it your designed pens choosing to turn, join them this way striking. Love them keen to see more of this highly underrated material. Indeed thanful for your pens today.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
great looking blanks

i just cant do the slim \ streamlines

it maybe just a phobia:sob:

i gave all mine away

Steve

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Absolutely lovely Billy I've not used the wood or the kits but if mine came out like this I'd be well chuffed :thumbs::thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
All three turned and finished to a high degree Billy, all look very nice which reminds me that i need to invest in some Dymondwood, it has been a long time .. :thumbs:

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
3beauties Billy. Well turned & finished. I used to use quite a bit of dymondwood awhile ago. Made great pens.w

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
All three turned and finished to a high degree Billy, all look very nice which reminds me that i need to invest in some Dymondwood, it has been a long time .. :thumbs:

Thanks Jim, their seems to be a bit of a shortage of Dymondwood blanks in the UK at the moment, no one seems to be stocking a wide choice. I understand their was a fire at the factory last year in the USA, could be the reason. But i've gotta get more :thinks::thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).