• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

50th Birthday Present

Tephy

First Name
Steve
Hi all haven't been that active of late as I have been trying to keep my pen turning a low activity on the internet. Family members tend to follow each other around the internet to keep in touch with what they are up to ... no secrets from anyone ! Any way I made this for my brothers-in-law's 50th, he was over the moon and now wants a pen and pencil to go with it.
I know it is not the best picture but better than none. it is made from jet black Irish bog oak and is very nice, am thinking of doing one for myself:wink:20150128_180705.jpg

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
That's a lovely pen with a lot of provenance, no wonder he is over the moon with it :thumbs:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
I want one of them..... A 50th birthday of course...:thumbs:

Excelent job of that, yep the picture is a little dark, but I bet the pen looks superb.:thumbs:

Black pens are a pain to take pictures off, been there done that..

I also like the black case that matches the kit.. :thumbs:

Well done.. Top marks.

Gunsmith Fiamma

First Name
Francesco
Steve,
bog oak is one of my favorites, but here in Italy (here we call it "Morta") is amost impossible to find it on sale, and when you finally manage to find some they ask you to pay hundreds...
You managed to use a bog oak blank, on one of my favourites fountain pen kits, so, I have only a thing to say :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:.
I really envy your brother in law :funny:

Cheers
Francesco

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).