• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Sierra Click Pen

Barry

Graduate Member
First Name
Barry
Sierra Click Pen dressed in Silver Beech Burr BLO two coats 12 coats CA M&M to15000 I like the pen but the click mech is crap these pens came from Axminster when they were on sale is that why:thinks::thinks::nonono::nonono::nonono:
Witch photo white back ground or yellow and wifey put a cup of tea in my light box :sob::sob::sob:

Attachments

• DSCF1298.jpg
    DSCF1298.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF1299.jpg
    DSCF1299.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF1300.jpg
    DSCF1300.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 58

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
I have seen the kits but not sure that they ooze class or not.. :thinks: maybe not..

Never tried one of that particular kit but have tried other types of sierra / elegant click and never had a problem.

As for background, can't see the cup of tea..:devil:. However I think any background apart from the colours you have chosen would have been better.... sorry, only my opinion..

But the pen looks nicely turned and finished tho. .:thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I stopped buying the click sierra years ago long before Axminster started selling them I had a few of them were to click button just broke inside the pen and fell off

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Nicely turned and finished but I too won't be buying click mechs until they improve in quality.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Striking grain mate looks like Olive wood the 4th pic is a great way to go for this pen to let the grain do the talking kit choice is personal for all of us. Thanks for showing Barry.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Good looking pen Barry, pleased you gave us the heads up on the clicker .. :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Thank you for showing these I to have had the click fail on these kits.
Strengthens my argument for better quality from our suppliers.
How about a decent click kit Dan?
Pretty please init?

Gunsmith Fiamma

First Name
Francesco
Very nice job, mate.
I like the timber and your choice of BLO under the CA finish.
I really dont like the kit, and never turned one myself, but maybe one day i will try some for my personal collection.
Cheers
-Francesco

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).