• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Geordie Axminster shop opens 13th March!

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Way-hay!!
Drove past the new shop today and looks ready for opening on Monday. lathes etc in the window, hope there's loads of special offers:banana:

The official launch days are next Friday & Saturday when they have 10% off everything in store apparently
About time we had something in this part of the world.

GeordieB

Registered
First Name
george
That works out well I,m Going to my parents next Friday for a flying visit I,ll pop through the tunnel saturday morning for a quick look
thanks for the reminder Bob :thumbs::thumbs:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
:banana:just found out (accidently:whistling:) that my b.day pressed from the kids is an axi voucher. Wonder how they found out a new store is opening:winking:
Probably be only a tenner though:thinks:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
:banana:just found out (accidently:whistling:) that my b.day pressed from the kids is an axi voucher. Wonder how they found out a new store is opening:winking:
Probably be only a tenner though:thinks:

Just proves mate say it often enough it does happen. Have a good one mate.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Need to work out the mileage from home to the new store and if it is less than the one at Warrington then it is my new store also .. :pray:

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Need to work out the mileage from home to the new store and if it is less than the one at Warrington then it is my new store also .. :pray:

Slightly different for you Jim from me to

Warrington 106 mile round trip
South Shields 222 miles
Nuneaton 228 miles

They have not thought this one out very well. If they send an artic from Axminster to Warrington then on to South Shields, it is likely it will involve the M62 then up the M1/A1M, or if its straight to South Shields then straight up the M1, either way they pass through Yorkshire. Some one needs a lesson in transport logistics, unless it is a courier i.e eddie stobart then it will be peanuts wherever you are.

At least it will be a night out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnfXc_s18WA

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
IF ya there next saturday morning Bob we could say hi :ciggrin:

I might have to work Saturday (job I have to do for a wholesaler when they're closed), Not definite yet but I've pencilled in Axi for Friday morning. I'll def send you a pm if I'm going Sat though as it's always great to meet up.

I'm passing the shop on Monday so if I have time, will look in to suss the place out in advance of the offers.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).