• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Streamline sort of black fancy with TK Woodman blank

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
I was lucky enough to have a visit from Tony (TK Woodman) today, another very nice man from the forum, we had a good old chat together about things in general & of course the things we turn.

On leaving Tony gave me one of his home made blanks which are segmented / inlaid with a veneer in this case an orange.

So after he got on his way home I thought I had better do something with it, the results can be seen below, personally I really like it looks great in the hand, the orange veneer really standing out.

The pen is basically a slimline fancy (black Chrome) with a streamline centre band (black chrome) these I got from Timberbits sometime ago & have been waiting for a blank to try it out on, Tonys blank seemed ideal

If Tony goes into manufacturing these I will be having more, if not I may have to have ago at making my own.

I dont no what the wood is, or the veneer, perhaps Tony could update me.

Thanks Tony

str fan clk ch or van-4 800 x 533.jpg
str fan clk ch or van-2 533 x 800.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
That is nice, and from the picture i would say that the blank is up there with Terry Q's .. You done a great job with this Billy .. It would be good to see these blanks on sale .. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Billy Tony did you a great favour and you were right to turn, mount it this way, simple effective choices all round, special pen lot of work making the blank Tony.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
That sure is an nice blank and you've done it justice Billy :thumbs:

TK woodman

Graduate Member
First Name
Tony
I enjoyed our meet this morning - You are a true gentleman, I'm glad you like the blank and you've turned and dressed it to look it's best. The wood is black walnut with ash dyed veneer.
I will think about offering some up for sale, but they take sometime to make so i may try to build some stock up first. I will offer a few as a prize in one of Jims monthly draws if that's ok with Jim.

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
I enjoyed our meet this morning - You are a true gentleman, I'm glad you like the blank and you've turned and dressed it to look it's best. The wood is black walnut with ash dyed veneer.
I will think about offering some up for sale, but they take sometime to make so i may try to build some stock up first. I will offer a few as a prize in one of Jims monthly draws if that's ok with Jim.

Yes, good to meet yesterday Tony, if you come up with some more similar blanks I would certainly be interested in them, keep up the good work. :thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).