• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Skeleton clock

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
last year I was asking if anyone knew where I could get a bezel for a skeleton clock.
Well, couldn't get one & this skeleton clock has been sat there mocking me ever since.
So, I made one, The blank said walnut but I'm not sure it is. Along with an old photo glass insert, hey presto one bezel.
The back was also supposedly walnut, turned to put a round mirror in and a couple of small magnets hold it onto the clock surround.
The surround is spalted sycamore.
Approx 8 inch diam.

And after all that work, the blooming thing runs an hour slow !!!!

Attachments

• skeleton clock spalted sycamore & walnut 4.jpg
    skeleton clock spalted sycamore & walnut 4.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 55
  • skeleton clock spalted sycamore & walnut 3.jpg
    skeleton clock spalted sycamore & walnut 3.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 54
  • skeleton clock spalted sycamore & walnut 2.jpg
    skeleton clock spalted sycamore & walnut 2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 54
  • skeleton clock spalted sycamore & walnut 1.jpg
    skeleton clock spalted sycamore & walnut 1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 54

Jim

Grand Master
Nothing slow about the finished article Steven ... Looks really good ... :thumbs:

sbwertz

First Name
Sharon
Old clocks are something of a hobby. (I have six chiming clocks in my house...gets kind of noisy around noon.) Do you know the brand name on the clock mechanism? If we can identify who makes it, I can probably tell you how to rate it. Beautiful job on the woodwork!

Sharon

sbwertz

First Name
Sharon
Do you mean it loses an hour a day, or just that it is an hour off on the time? I looked it up and it is a quartz movement, so it should keep accurate time. If it is just an hour off on the time, you can gently move the hour hand (not the minute hand!!!) to the correct time. It is usually not indexed to the mechanism, but is just friction fit on the shaft.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).