• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Fancy MultiColoured Bowl

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Hi Everyone,

Being new to this and the wood turning bug has bitten hard.
I had to have a go at a bowl and then my juices started flowing ( CA and Glitter )
What do you think ?
Sorry about the pictures, I am not a David Bailey .....

multicolor bowl2.JPG
multicolor bowl1.JPG

Jim

Grand Master
I like the shape Rowdy and it is a good bit of turning with a nice finish, but the glitter is a little OTT for me ... Just a comment my friend .. :bwink:

Pete B

Registered
Hi,

I like the shape and execution, well made and finished.
I am normally more into bowls etc than pens but that seems to be changing a bit lately.
Personally i love inlays lots but i agree with Jim, the two inlays inside are a bit too much but the rim inlay is great and really well finished and this can be tricky, to say the least.
I normally use the tins of turquoise etc from Turners Retreat but this must have been more difficult.

Regards

Pete

naxie

Registered
That's brilliant for your first bowl Rowdy. Great shape and well turned. The glitter is certainly eye catching, I like to experiment too, adds to the fun! :thumbs:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Rowdy, if that's your first bowl then you should be dead chuffed, you seem to have avoided about 99% of the issues that plague most first bowls and have got style in the shape, what appears to be a thickness in proportion to the bowl, and have managed to define the rim, sides and foot as three separate entities. And then you attacked it with the kids arty farty bits and made it look like a dart board!

:funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).