• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Finial end message pen with stand

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
A few weeks ago, Twister Steve sent me something in the post and used a thin piece of lignum vitae as packaging. I thanked him for it but he insisted it really was was just packaging but that I had to make a pen from it and show it on the forum.

So here it is. I've also made an oak stand for it which I've "antiqued" and added a gold plated pen trumpet to finish it off. Thanks for the packaging Steve - here's the pen.

Attachments

• lv finial b - full.jpg
    lv finial b - full.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 85
  • lv finial a - full.jpg
    lv finial a - full.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 85
  • lv finial c - full.jpg
    lv finial c - full.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 85

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Move over J Arthur Rank with those pictures of your set creations beautiful layout and maximum use of. Inspirational.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Thanks for your kind comments guys. I'm delighted you like it. I've rarely turned a closed end pen so I was quite pleased with the outcome myself and I learned a lot along the way.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
That is one helluva piece of packing and you've made it into a lovely pen Phil that would adorn any desk :thumbs:

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
That is one helluva piece of packing and you've made it into a lovely pen Phil that would adorn any desk :thumbs:

it was nearest to hand
i have a few pieces and dont make slims myself so thought it was one less to worry about:thumbs:
too good to throw away

Steve

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).