• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Deep in the heart of Sheffield

Sgreen

Registered
First Name
Simon
Hi everyone
My real name is Simon. My old past time was, and to some extent still, is martial arts. The doctor said I need to slow down and find a hobby more suitable to my current health. A friend of mine introduced me to turning pens. I had a go and was hooked.
Looking around at lathes over the weekend. I have already learned so much just by reading some of the posts. Looking forward to contributing and showing of my first pen.

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Welcome to the forum Simon.enjoy yourself & ask questions. You will get good advice & if you seek advice first you can save yourself a bit of money when buying gear.:thumbs:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Hi Simon and welcome to the Forum. Loads of advice and some great banter on here

:nonono:one word of warning when you get around to taking photos of your pens DONT use carpet as the background :nonono:

:bwink:Vic:bwink:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hello and welcome Simon, nutters one and all on here with the occasional one or two who are sane well I think.

Hi Simon and welcome to the Forum. Loads of advice and some great banter on here

:nonono:one word of warning when you get around to taking photos of your pens DONT use carpet as the background :nonono:

:bwink:Vic:bwink:

And we know this HOW VIC:funny::funny::funny:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Welcome in Simon sit back and enjoy reading, pipe up when you're ready mate.
A friendly knowledgeable bunch of people here and not only pen turning.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Simon,

Welcome and thanks for the introduction. We've got a fair cross section of society here, members from all wards, from the criminally insane to the plain mad. Theres no such thing as a daft question, other than the ones that Lons, Grump, Dalboy, Nigel who has got a goobledygook name, Twister, Phil A, Phil B, Phil C, Vic, Terry, and all the others ask, so please join in and ask away.

TK woodman

Graduate Member
First Name
Tony
Welcome to the forum simon - I used to teach ju- jitsu for many years and can certainly agree with the doctor - woodturning is definitely better for the old bones!

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi again Simon you poor ol bugger fancy getting involved with this load of nutters stay at your own peril you will learn to turn here but they will rob you of your sanity :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
By far the Sheffield woodturning group could be your best nearest friend Simon great way to go you get to see and meet there, am grateful for my association as a life member with my Wood Guild met some outstanding friends some of the great turners in the world in both members and visits from international guests. WEcome from over here mate.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Hi Simon and welcome to our forums. You couldn't do any better than with all the information available on this, the best forum out there.:thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).