• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Stratus

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Kit from Lons, thanks Bob!
Wood from Dave (Lignaterrae), labelled Bull oke.

stratus_640x157.jpg

Nowt special, but it is a very nice kit!

Jim

Grand Master
It looks good to me Neil, is it a clicker? If so what do you think of it .. :nooidea:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
It looks good to me Neil, is it a clicker? If so what do you think of it .. :nooidea:

It is a clicker Jim.
The mechanism is very positive, but there is a little "squeak" when pressing it. There seems to be a bit of play in the press bit, causing it to scrape a little. I'm going to keep using this one and see how it goes.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Very handy carrier Neil like the kit cant see the blank but it will be ok I know. Bull Oak or Oke displays best for me in a box fun to try new kits thanks for showing.

Peter:thumbs::thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Nice one Neil and Bob, I like these kits, shame the pic is so small Neil makes it a bit hard to see the blank you've put on it.

I am trialling one at work that Bob sent to me, I have to say with the Beaufort refill in it is a bloody good pen.
Having said that it was a bloody good pen before adding the Beaufort but that improved it some more init?
The click is positive but smooth the platings are holding up well and it has suffered a fir amount of abuse from adults.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
I just took a quick snap of it in daylight, though it is very much round and brown,as they say!
Bigger picture.
stratus_800x196.jpg

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
That looks like a very nice office pen, I like it but not sure about the gnarly bits. I guess I'll have to get some to see :thumbs:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I wondered where the squeaky one had gone:wink::funny::funny: Haven't come across that problem and I've made a number of them now.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Can I be pernickety?
On the bigger pic it looks like a small gap at the top flange at the bottom of the pic.
That may be causing the click to push offline making it squeak init?
Or it could be the mouse in the hole.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Can I be pernickety?
On the bigger pic it looks like a small gap at the top flange at the bottom of the pic.
That may be causing the click to push offline making it squeak init?
Or it could be the mouse in the hole.

You might be right Brian, I'll check it out tomorrow!:thumbs:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Looks nice Neil :thumbs: not sure about the jacket tho..:nooidea:

Will be interested on what you think about the kit and how it stands up to the punishment. from you as well Brian :thumbs:..

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Looks nice Neil :thumbs: not sure about the jacket tho..:nooidea:

Will be interested on what you think about the kit and how it stands up to the punishment. from you as well Brian :thumbs:..

OOOHH I am confused now cos both Eamonn and Bob sent me kits.
Have I got it right Eamonn sent Aero's click and twist Bob sent Stratus and Vertex, apolog eyes if I wrong init?
But yes results will be published in Jew course.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Yep Brian, I sent you the Stratus & Vertex. :thumbs:

This is the pen I've used daily for many months and I even carted it around OZ. It's been dropped a few times but still as smooth as the day I made it. On its second refill which I can't wait to expire so I can replace with one of Phils supa dupa jollies.

Dressed in a rather nice 2 tone lignum vitae blank, photo doesn't do it justice.

Attachments

• stratus lig c.jpg
    stratus lig c.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 25

Indie Shed

Registered
First Name
Jimi
It does have a very utilitarian style, which I like, an ideal work pen if you don't have a desk job I'd say. I can see how some might like the spline effect, especially if they get the 'sweaty' fingers when using pens.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
It was described at work as a draughtsman’s tool, because of the appearance, I think it makes a more rugged looking item which suits me fine over some of the Pansy pens we turn.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).