• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

HILLTOP COTTAGE ALL HUON PINE ON A HUON LOG from Tasmania.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Few years ago two other Peters and me went by SUV and across on a ferry to Tasmania and covered around 5000 km,s around the Island for a month. The instigator was born and bred there so using maps was no problem, visiting Mills, Exhibitions, three of us demoed in the North at a big Woody event me Pens, Peter offset turning, Peter Carving. I bought over a ton of Huon offcuts sent back by road transport and the ferrry plus heaps of fascinating bits and pieces meeting with the Tasmanian Woodies Club, grubbing stumps etc.

While in Hobart I spied works of Art by the maker of this Hilltop Cottage reminiscent of early Tasmania in the Rainforest area where Huon Pine grows I bought it and last year replaced it to give this one to my mate who lives near Seattle Washington State sent it to him early this year. The roof lifts of and has a candle inside that can be lit to give smoke out of the chimney, except for a few shingles entire rest in Huon including the boat with oars tethered below, it has an outside Dunny Toilet) rabbits woodpile logs, wheelbarrow, Water tank etc, heaps of steps when I took the pic I put the roof on back to front it comes out to the verandah posts normally. The maker is unable to make these and others any more with age related problems.

My mate treasures it. Funny the harder I try to search out timbers the luckier I get.

Thought to share this with you.

Kind regards Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0026-1.JPG
    DSCF0026-1.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 16

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Peter. I have a feeling I have seen this before somewhere, has it been shown by yourself elsewhere?
There is something distinctly familiar about it but I cant think what.
Thanks for stirring me up just before I go to bed, I won't settle now for thinking.

Jim

Grand Master
I can imagine the work involved with making this cabin, but why does it look so simple ... :thinks: Thanks for adding it Peter ... :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).