• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pin oak

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
As soon as I saw this blank excitement beyond most reminded me of twisted narled matted roots. England must have millions of them as well. Rare find IMHO. Resting on an offcut from the blank.

Kind Regards Peter.:goesred:

Attachments

• DSCF0002-1 [].JPG
    DSCF0002-1 [].JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 27

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Peter, Sadly the Pin Oak is not native to the UK but can be found in Ornamental gardens around the UK. It was introduced during the Victorian era from North America, the The age of international travel had just started in earnest and the Victorians planted many non native species as a result, this being one. Hard to find in the UK though and when you do find them you can't get anywhere near them with a chainsaw!

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Peter I am sure you could search the world over and never come across another piece like that, Marvelous.
Who wants to mess about with plastics when there is so much natural beauty around? Certainly not me.

Jim

Grand Master
Beautiful .... I would walk mikes for this wood and pay a few bob for it also ... :bwink:

Yorkie

That is amazing! I'd love to trade some if you have any more pieces like that.

Attachments

• Mark.gif
    Mark.gif
    110.3 KB · Views: 3
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).