• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Scottish meet

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Yesterday was the inaugural meeting of the PenturnersUK Aberdeen branch. In other words I managed to get away from work early to call and see Alan - TheMackay. A pleasant couple of hours drinking tea and talking wood. Can things get any better. He's got some lovely tools too.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I don't believe it Keith, YOU drinking tea & chatting for 2 hours :devil::kiss:

Glad to hear you had a good get together mate, I look forward to meeting up with you again soon :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
It is good to see my friend the Wood Rat out and about .. :thumbs: Alan, it would be good to see you at the York meet if possible my friend .. :bwink:

Themackay

Fellow
First Name
Alan
Just remember your passport as you come south through Gretna or Berwick

Well it is after the Election so you never know what might happen there,Lol

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
It would be good if you can make it Alan!

Chat, and Tea drinking time has been increased this year, due to popular demand!:whistling::funny:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Blimey, what time did you knock off work to drive from Wrexham to Aberdeen? :thinks:

Its good to hear of members meeting up and I hope to meet you (both) at York. After all if I can drive 220 miles to get there, there is no excuse for anyone. Of course that is if I can make it though.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Good for you Keith, how are ya mate?
You took the job in Sweaty then?
Retirement next stop init?

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Aye (even talking like them now) I took it Brian, although the 8 hour drive is knocking hell out of me.
Doug I won't make the Midlands show mate so I'll see you at York.

Indie Shed

Registered
First Name
Jimi
Well done Keith and Alan, Hope your Scots meet was the first of many. It would be really cool to meet more faces at York.

It would be good if you can make it Alan!

Chat, and Tea drinking time has been increased this year, due to popular demand!:whistling::funny:

Priorities. That's all I can say. Never let work get in the way of a good Tea Break. :wink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).