• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Things I like to turn

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi while-st I'm waiting for my lathe here are a few things I like to make

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 2a.JPG
    2a.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 59

Jim

Grand Master
Some beautiful pieces here Woody, in particular i love the Gavel ... Is this made from memory or did you follow a template ... :thinks:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
*It is made from memory I'm terrible at drawing plans I get an idea and transfer it to wood mind you it dont always work LOL I have made about 6 of them for orders

Jim

Grand Master
What is the white made from Woody? :nooidea:

You should draw up a template, it would sell like hot cakes ... :ciggrin:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
On these ones cast polyester they were to go in a show case if they are to be used then I will put wood in its place or make it from one bit of wood

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
The bowl is made from Spalted beech with a pot of supper glue to stabilize the real rotten bits

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Woody,

Like the diversity, the gavel angle of strike first time from memory I have seen that used, Richard Raffan is an active member of my Woodcraft Guild so I am very familiar with his tall skinnies and these shapes, his fiddlesticks etc guess they need to be behind glass. Made a pen once for an elderly Chinese man originally from from Hong Kong we used to teach conversation english for many years at a community centre anyway he had a huge value Jade collection in a safe, one piece was an ( my opinion) ugly frog reputed centuries old his habit was to sit and run it through his hands well in his new house they have those large floor tiles he dropped the frog and chipped a piece off. He gave it to me to restore? so I got out my trusty dremel smoothed it off fine papered it to real smooth. He was so excited I was glad to have this fabulously expensive object back with him. He wacked it into his safe. I made a pen for him he put that in the safe as well. What I was referring to you saying some of your work ends up behind glass. Nearly always when I give a Pen I give it from my top pocket not in some fancy box they are meant to be used.

Like your work done previously follow your posts.

Kind regards Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).