• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Clarksoff

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Don't worry I have no doubt all three will reappear in a Sky version of Top Gear, Probably called Sixth Gear.

Indie Shed

Registered
First Name
Jimi
Oh, well. He's had a good run and I think he knew it was coming. Poor bugger now only has the income from his multi-million selling books and DVDs, various newspaper columns, guest appearances, endorsements.. and so on...

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Oh, well. He's had a good run and I think he knew it was coming. Poor bugger now only has the income from his multi-million selling books and DVDs, various newspaper columns, guest appearances, endorsements.. and so on...

I believe he still owns the marketing rights of TopGear merchandise.

Peter

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Whatever anyone thinks of the guy, the BBC moguls are idiots and have just killed the cash cow.

Roll on Top Gear 2 whatever channel it's on. I won't be watching piers Morgan or Chris Evans.

The other guy must either be a right wimp or he's angling for a compensation payout. Who the hell goes to A&E after getting a "friendly" smack from another bloke. Clarkson is hardly Mike Tyson!:funny:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I like a quote from the BBC Boss "'For me a line has been crossed. There cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another dictated by either rank, or public relations and commercial considerations.' Jimmy Saville must be laughing in his grave.

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
He'll be on the ITV as soon as you like with a program that will make the BBC wish they'd thought it through.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
The other guy must either be a right wimp or he's angling for a compensation payout. Who the hell goes to A&E after getting a "friendly" smack from another bloke. Clarkson is hardly Mike Tyson!:funny:

I believe from reading posts elsewhere that you've written Bob that your daughter works in the NHS, they are trying hard to cut the number of assaults on their staff. I presume you wouldn't find you daughter being assaulted funny regardless of who was doing the assaulting & however minor the assault, a split lip is still a split lip regardless of who inflicts it.

Allowing Clarkson to carry on as if nothing had happen would only reinforce in idiots minds that force is an acceptable way to resolve a problem, it isn't.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Don't disagree with any of that Doug but the assaults in the NHS are virtually all by drunk or drugged patients and the majority directed at female staff. A little different to 2 guys squaring up face to face.
We don't know what happened there or previously and they had been working together for years, if it was so bad why didn't the producer move on, maybe he orchestrated it,who knows and frankly I don't care. Clarkson is an idiot but he's also a money spinner and definitely needed discipline but there are other ways to do that as the BBC have proved with other troublesome employees.

Where are they going to get the deficit in funds from, not my licence fee! 1000000 petition has to say something

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Don't disagree with any of that Doug but the assaults in the NHS are virtually all by drunk or drugged patients and the majority directed at female staff. A little different to 2 guys squaring up face to face.

The bottom line is it's still violence in the workplace Bob, regardless of whatever form it takes, if you don't act on every type of workplace violence you won't fully eradicate any.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
The bottom line is it's still violence in the workplace Bob, regardless of whatever form it takes, if you don't act on every type of workplace violence you won't fully eradicate any.

Again, nothing to disagree with Doug and bullies, which Clarkson probably is, need dealing with but the BBC who probably couldn't win in this case aren't very good at consistancy.
We'll never know the whole story and I repeat, I don't really care, but there are rumours of long term friction between the two parties which the powers that be should have sorted a long time before it came to a head.
This producer may or may not have been a bit clever and manipulative for financial reasons, wouldn't be the first time, after all it can't be difficult to get a kid like JC to rise to the bait:wink: I am not saying he has of course:nonono:

It will be interesting to see what they come up with to try and resurrect the program and claw back the millions of worldwide viewers and lost program sales:nooidea: Perhaps some bright spark will come up with something even better!

It's all conjecture anyway and I don't personally see the point of continuing the debate Doug so I won't contribute further, after all this is an incredibly friendly forum.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).