• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Guess the Wood??

Gav

Registered
First Name
Gavin
Back home over the weekend my Dad presented me with an unusual piece of timber, didn't take a picture before, but here it is after turned onto a slimline, not happy with the shape, but I've got another two blanks of this and am looking forward to trying again!

CameraZOOM-20130714192204149 - Copy.jpg

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
It's a bit difficult to see the drain and the various shades, but if its a uk grown wood (as opposed to native) top of my guess list would be Judas Wood, second maybe a type of mahonia and at an outside mulberry.

Gav

Registered
First Name
Gavin
Some of you have mentioned some things I have no idea what they are:nooidea:, but it is Fuchsia.

Not sure if it's even technically a wood, but it looks nice, and when I do it properly with the other blanks I've got, I think it will look great!

Gav

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).