• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Just Finished A Swap on another site.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
This was a reverse swap I send to one person he sent to another person he sent to me, Well the hex pen I posted I showed recently in brown mallee, phoned both during the swaps in the USA and I felt inclined to send a pen etc to the guy who was sending to me. I had no obligation to anyway his 12 yr old daughter was experimenting with polymer canes and made SWMBO a pen called chickens so I made a small pen hex again for her as a thankyou in Red Mallee.

The pen I received made from Buckeye Burl an Atrax Rollerball.

Rebecca 12 yrs Chickens for SWMBO.

The hex pen in Red Mallee for Rebecca.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

Attachments

• DSCF0009-002.jpg
    DSCF0009-002.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF0022-001.JPG
    DSCF0022-001.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCF0032-001.JPG
    DSCF0032-001.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 30

Jim

Grand Master
Two way swaps make me dizzy, three is out of the question ... :ciggrin:

Three lovely pens Peter, it is good to see a young 12 Y/O dabbling in pen making. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Jim,

Me to making this my last swap ever the uncertainty of delivery services, costing etc, normally went for direct swaps. On one occasion the parcel to America cost 40.00 odd the guy had one of those street numbers in the thousands and I missed a digit and when I realised I rang ten sources in the states caught up with him to confirm then talked a few times with USPS who said they had the parcel it was undeliverable, had not been sent back to me they lied and much much later it turned up delivered on my front step no less then readdress repackage another 40 plus dollars, out the phone calls bla bla. So since then I have always put the receivers phone number on any parcel.

Now two years in a row using a random draw that same person and I were drawn to exchange we remain good friends, That particular swap I went on line and found he was a Dodge enthusiast , belonged to a huge Dodge Club in America I downloaded their Club intricate design, a mate of mine from our Aussie site Lazer cut the design on the lid of a wooden box, under the lid I had engraved the outline of a Snow Plow Engine with my SKF 300000 rev handpiece and burr 1.6 mm. Plus plus so my investment of time materials enthusiasm was extraordinary. They in his area and he works for the Railroad used to use these snow ploughs at round 30 to 40 miles an hour to clear the rails huge monsters in former times.

On another occasion my direct swap was a published Author on pens a prodidgeous maker and authority as well, researched him on the net and on the phone found out he was into photography and VW cars (he had a couple he had restored). So I made a neat pen located a small camera object when you pressed the button it flashed a few times and made kaching kaching sounds like a Nikon Camera, on the back of the Camera I fixed a small blue and white VW round badge. He is living close by to another mate of mine world famous for cutting American quarters using a scroll saw to remove unneccesary detail making the coin thin shaping them around the brass, encapsulating the blanks in plastic (very impressive) so I sent around a dozen rareish Aussie coins lots of burl etc blanks so my investment was time consuming and maybe to others over the top. After years of this I can cease with a clear concience.

Made heaps of friends, had lots of fun as well. PS this last swap the pen I sent to the first guy was this one I posted recently he has it and loves it.

Kind regards Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0007-001.jpg
    DSCF0007-001.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 16

Jim

Grand Master
Great write up Peter, and this is why i love the Penturners, not only are they a great bunch it is the fact of how they go out of their way to help others ... :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).