• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Polaris Pen Kits

Jed Baxter

Registered
Doing a search on here i don't see any of these pens, has anyone bought these from timberbits and if so are they a good looking pen for a woman? :nooidea:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I'm sure you will find most people don't like them well most that i have met they are to chunky and don't seem to flow sorry

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
THe design of these pens is not to clever to say the least. The nib section is wide in relation to other pens. If you turn these between centres, which is the only way for this pen in my opinion, you can still get what appears to be non concentric turned barrels as the nib section is cheap! The method of assembly, if memory serves me right, of the twist mechanism is very tight and you only have one chance to get it right. When you do manage to get it right its a crap pen anyway and in my opinion not very popular anyway, It's clumsy, too short for a man, too thick for a woman and would probably serve life better, providing you could afix the hook, as a fishing lure, now there's a possibility for a competition, first mackerel caught with a Polaris lure.

Jim

Grand Master
Just the look of them has put me off buying any of these and reading the above two posts is enough to say i made a good choice ... :ciggrin:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
It's clumsy, too short for a man, too thick for a woman and would probably serve life better, providing you could afix the hook, as a fishing lure,
Neil, I resemble that remark, that could be me you're talking about.
A Polaris is something I would not want to be on the end of but I speak of a different type.
No I have not turned one yet although I was given a few Polaris kits and Neil is right I don't think I will bother making them up.

chunky and don't seem to flow
Why is everybody talking about me? What have I done to upset you?
Don't start a list please.

Jed Baxter

Registered
Thanks for that folks, saves me wasting money and time, so can anyone recommend a womans pen with style but not ott with the costs. :bwink:

Its for my S.I.L btw. :thumbs:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Neil, I resemble that remark, that could be me you're talking about.

Why is everybody talking about me? What have I done to upset you?
Don't start a list please.

Reminds me of a line from a Goon show:

SEAGOON: Why are you all staring at me?

BLUDNOK: Because you're so beautiful.

SEAGOON: Well for a minute there I thought you were going to lie to me ...

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Jed,
The executive pen is around a fiver and you can get them from Vince or Jim at pencrafts. The lucida is a great pen if you're turning acrylics as it uses a 9mm tube and the turned dim is around 12.15mm so along with a painted tube the colourvofvhe acrylic can really be shown off. The centre of gravity of the lucida is slightly lower, and it is a shorter pen than the exec sierra which suits a ladies hand. The royalty pen and the diva are an affront to fashion, design, and decency, but the designers probably don't care for my dress sense either!

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Doing a search on here i don't see any of these pens, has anyone bought these from timberbits and if so are they a good looking pen for a woman? :nooidea:

I agree with all the comments, I was going to post a picture on here of one I had done a while ago. but I have been told I don't have permission.. :vangry:

Jim

Grand Master
I agree with all the comments, I was going to post a picture on here of one I had done a while ago. but I have been told I don't have permission.. :vangry:

You shouldn't have a message like that Silver, i will just check the permissions? :thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).