• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

I pad and pen

Pete B

Registered
Hi,
i gave one of these to friend a week or so ago to match a pen i made some time ago in spalted beech.
Ended making another 6 to give away because of it, i don't mind.
Has anyone sold or even made any of these little i pad, i phone little scribes ?
I haven't tried yet but am going to soon as they were very popular and i was surprised.
The one below is a gift for a friends wife and all the colours match her i pad.
Hopefully she will put it on facebook as she has a long reach !
Red and gold web or matrix trustone i can never remember on a TB sierra, i pad thing which goes into ear phone socket i think is from America, it was a while ago.
Criticism welcome and appreciated.
Pete

16.7.13 006.jpg

These ones are bog and, acrylic and stone

15.7 011.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
Well these are certainly different Pete, i am not sure how they work but they do look good, with a nice shape to them ... The pen looks stunning also Pete ... :thumbs:

Jed Baxter

Registered
The pen looks very nice, selling these in a pair is a good idea, i havent seen this any where on the net so you may just have a good market on these. .

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Look good Pete, good giveaways but don't think you'll get rich on them. I made and sold quite a few of telescopic stylus from penn state before the introduction of the sierra stylus and they sold but the margin wasn't great.

Pete B

Registered
Neil,
sorry mate it was a while ago i can't remember. The only places i can find them are PSI and craft supplies usa.
I know i bought them abroad as i have two sealed bags full of them and i wouldn't generally buy that amount sadly in the Uk, cost wise.
probably PSI as they are $1 cheaper.
Pete

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
If you can sell these as a pair it could be a good niche pete especially if they are as good as the 2 you added.

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
i pad thing which goes into ear phone socket

Whatever you do do with this thing, don't do that.
I thought novel idea when shown in the shop and promptly smashed the screen, handed the broken phone along with still attached dibber back to the assistant.
Told her I was no longer interested and left a poor young stunned girl to face her manager while i beat a hasty retreat from said shop.
:devil::devil:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Well i must have found a weak spot.
The idea was to flip the dibber over and put it in my pocket being my usual suave sophisticated self, instead the dibber came down like a hammer on the screen and put a crack right across it and removed a chunk of the glass.

Pete B

Registered
Steven i actually agree and don't use one myself, but how many Ladies do you know have those dingly dangly charms hanging from their phones ?
Thing if i just made pens and bowls etc that i or swwbo like it would be a small list of pens, but i know what you are saying.
Clumsy, i did think of that and have put a disclaimer on the website, did you you extend the cord by about a metre to get the required force ? Poor shop assistant !

Pete

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I have to take you to task over these comments young man.

how many Ladies do you know have those dingly dangly charms hanging from their phones ?
None in my case, and why the would I want to know, here we go again pandering to women ( a bunch of weird shaped squeaky hangers on ) Stand up for equal rights, throw yourself under a racehorse or chain yourself to the railings, anything to get attention, wake up FFS.

did you you extend the cord by about a metre to get the required force ?
Do you think I swung a sledge hammer at it? I can break dozen or more phones in a week that's why I was in the shop in the first place, we don't all sit on our fat arses all day.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).