• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Resin Saver Moulds...

First Name
Dan
I had a really useful conversation with Paul M today with regards to Resin Savers. I have now set the wheels in motion to manufacture moulds for the OMEGA and ZETA kits. I will also look into doing them for other kits. Suggestions of kits would be useful.
Dan

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
That's Excellent news Dan. I am just getting my casting gear together and have had to buy moulds from Australia. I have only brought the Sierra And the Lucida Mould. The Lucida may be the same size as the Zeta I will let you know when they arrive.

It will be great to have a UK supplier. Have you considered whether it is feasible for you to stock and supply Resins. Alumilite is imported in from the States and we have to pay £20 for 16 oz.

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Thats good news Dan and Vic has a very valid request there as well. I would certainly like to buy Alumilite in bigger quantities and from someone I know.

First Name
Dan
That's Excellent news Dan. I am just getting my casting gear together and have had to buy moulds from Australia. I have only brought the Sierra And the Lucida Mould. The Lucida may be the same size as the Zeta I will let you know when they arrive.

It will be great to have a UK supplier. Have you considered whether it is feasible for you to stock and supply Resins. Alumilite is imported in from the States and we have to pay £20 for 16 oz.

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:
I will be looking into it Vic. The issue I have is where to start. Any pointers would help massively.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
What quantities would you be looking for. Just had a speedy reply from USA re UK distribution.

Dan it would be hard for me to say what exact quantity I would be using but I would think that a lot of people would be interested if they had a UK supplier providing it at the right price.

Vic

Jim

Grand Master
Excellent news Dan, regarding the Alumilite quantities lets us know what sizes you can get your hands on, 16oz for me would be to small where the gallon would be to much .. :ciggrin:

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
What quantities would you be looking for. Just had a speedy reply from USA re UK distribution.

I asked Paul how far the Alumilite was going and the 2 bottle kit he'd got was doing around 2 sierra size I think it was, so if there is a shelf life of 8 months or so I personally wouldn't want to buy much more at a time than that.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Excellent news Dan, regarding the Alumilite quantities lets us know what sizes you can get your hands on, 16oz for me would be to small where the gallon would be to much .. :ciggrin:

I bet a gallon wouldn't be too much if it were Best Yorkshire Bitter

:whistling:Vic:whistling:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
I asked Paul how far the Alumilite was going and the 2 bottle kit he'd got was doing around 2 sierra size I think it was, so if there is a shelf life of 8 months or so I personally wouldn't want to buy much more at a time than that.

Ray the 16 oz Kit will do quite a lot of blanks if you use the Resin Saver Moulds

Vic

Jim

Grand Master
Dan, if you can, have a look at the stablising gear plus vacuum, there must be a market in this my friend .. TR's price is very high but i saw him sell a few at the Newark Show last week .. There has been quite a few members in here over the couple of years including myself been very interested in this niche.. :thinks:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Great news Dan, looking into casting products, think I will hang on before giving it a go & see what happens here :thinks::thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).