• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Honduran rosewood burl

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I lightened the pic a bit always have difficulty with pics of deep colour and grain. Lucked out yesterday a fine furniture maker mate of mine sold me to die for Huon Pine Burl, Red Mallee Burl, some Macassar Ebony, Figured Myrtle, highly figured Blackwood and a block of 50000 yrs Ancient River Red Gum ( he buys it for joinery pieces he said he is the only one he knows that does, some Wenge plus other pieces. His work is outstanding using exceptional materials. He is in the process of moving from Commercial premises to his home with a huge shed when he rang me I was on chauffeur duty with the family squeezed in an hour for me. Such an abundance of excitement.

All the Rosewoods have features Honduran moody with sapwood detail sapwood stirs the imagination, I am thinking just straight turning for a while I have box full of other kits I might break out to try as well.

Catching the enthusiasm on the site with interest.

Kind regards Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0010-192.JPG
    DSCF0010-192.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 33

Jim

Grand Master
This is a stunning pen Peter, the wood is superb quality, i wish i had a draw full of this... :bwink:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Huh blooming showing of LOL seriously that is one very fine pen beautiful bit of wood that from one very jealous admirer :vangry: please keep em coming

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Very nice wood Peter. I think I would have used it on a nice fountain pen or top end roller ball as I believe that wood deserves something special.. But nice all the same..

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).