• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My Tube stand

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
This is my tube stand for PR it is just 1" ply drilled so the the tube fits tightly. I didn't have a drill the right size when I made it for the black/grey tubes so I drill the closest I could and chamfered the ends of the tube on a sander. I place a piece of polythene on the drilled hole and push the tube in, they all fit tightly and are very secure.

Peter

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    693.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    585.6 KB · Views: 63

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Thanks for posting that Peter. Like the idea of just pushing the tube down with a bit of poly under it but I would still like something at the top knowing how clumsy I can be.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It would be easy enough with the same design you made, just make the bottom holes tight fitting and the top ones loose. This stand is for PR non pressure, but I have another one shaped to go in the pot with a central handle for ease of getting it in and out of the pot, but I have never used it as I don't use pressure for PR and I don't use PU resin in vertical tubes.

Peter

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
It would be easy enough with the same design you made, just make the bottom holes tight fitting and the top ones loose. This stand is for PR non pressure, but I have another one shaped to go in the pot with a central handle for ease of getting it in and out of the pot, but I have never used it as I don't use pressure for PR and I don't use PU resin in vertical tubes.

Peter

I will carry on with mine for the moment and when I have to rebuild it do it like yours at the bottom but like mine at the top.

Tephy

First Name
Steve

Peter

PU resin in tubes are fine as long as you use a mould release as PU doesn't shrink like PR

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
PU resin in tubes are fine as long as you use a mould release as PU doesn't shrink like PR

I have used PU in vertical tubes, but I get better mixes in my other moulds.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).