• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Well I have been thinking for a while about HDPE!

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Thought I would have a play in the shed with some HDPE this morning and tried making a blank, this is how it came out!

2015-04-05 13.46.22.jpg

2015-04-05 13.47.41.jpg

2015-04-05 13.48.05.jpg

Was quite pleased although not perfect so worth a go! sorry about the pics, taken with my Tablet!

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
All I did was melted some as much as I could get it down to and then compressed it so it sticks to itself, It was only a trial for me but it did turn out quite well, can only get better in time!:thinks:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I like the idea of this blank recycling at its best and a great looking blank thrown in. Pen looks fantastic

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Okay, I'll ask, what's HDPE :nooidea: nice pen though

High density polyethylene Ray!

I used to sell it many moons ago but only in boring white sheet form. I've probably still got a bit in my stash:bwink:

That's a great result:thumbs: Despite having a background in plastics I'd never have thought of that. Brilliant idea!

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
High density polyethylene Ray!

I used to sell it many moons ago but only in boring white sheet form. I've probably still got a bit in my stash:bwink:

That's a great result:thumbs: Despite having a background in plastics I'd never have thought of that. Brilliant idea!
Thanks for the explanation, I can just imagine what the wife would say if I said dear, I'm just going to melt some plastic down :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).