• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Further up the creek with the VL100

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Pic of the US sold mandrel saver looking at the unit the front tapered section inside is a top level slide fit for the mandrel cut off sloppy on the threaded end I cut this thread part off to do 1/2 pens anyway suits me. The straight part has a bearing fitted with a larger centre than the mandrel allowing the mandrel to pass through. The main stem through hole.

Next pic my method recessed brass sleeve 3/8 inch the Live Centre was made for me as a thankyou for a Slimline Pen ( the Power of a Pen imho) the holding screw now is a grub screw the other screw to hold the sleeve temp fix not needed but you know how it goes the Irish in me says to be sure to be sure.

Incidentally note the home made pen rest a lucky chance the angle of the deeper plate I use to full advantage I lay my chisels on it to turn (very comfortable and just right for me) Note also because I located the motor three phase infinite control on the bench full leg room under as I choose to sit down to turn, quite relaxing physically. I sit on a lowered Draughtsmans Chair kind to the bum.

Kind regards Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0006-097.JPG
    DSCF0006-097.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF0028-001.JPG
    DSCF0028-001.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 35
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).