• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Too cheap

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Just been to Oswestry with senior management and junior management - wife and daughter - and I called in to have a look round a craft fair. There was a bloke in there selling slimlines for £6 each. Thats exactly half of what I sell for. He can't be making any money at all.

keith

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
So you have bought the lot and can double your money without doing any work.
Commissioned him to do 1000 for you by next month yes?

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Streamline stylus £18 for me! £6 for a pen, whats the point he might as well short circuit the middle man and pour his money down the drain, at least he wouldn't waste the time making them.

Jim

Grand Master
What would it cost him for his fees to the fair? Or does he make more on other items ... :thinks:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
I would say he's not trying to make a profit he's just trying to unload his time is not important to him and he just enjoyed making them and wants to recoup his kit costs making it harder for everyone else

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
He is a fool.......... or..... places no value on his time... If he took the true cost, ie.. Glue, abrasives, polish, failures, electricity, depreciation on equipment and tooling....

He is loosing money...

Best of luck to him...

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).