PDA

View Full Version : Pen & Pencil Competition Entries

Twister
14-04-15, 17:49
A big thank you to everyone who entered.

These are the competition entries, Best of luck to everyone who entered.

The deadline for voting is midnight on Thursday 30th April 2015.

Each member can vote only once and may not vote for themselves.

Please read the post Jim made on how to vote Click Here to see

http://www.penturners.co.uk/penturners-competition-forum/538-how-use-nominatation-competitions.html

Please do not comment on this post or make any posts to this thread until i have added all the entries photos. I will put a message on here when this is complete.

I want to get last Friday of month Euro Millions which I guess is the 24th
so the tickets will not be shown until after the results of vote unfortunately

I am happy to send a copy of them to someone impartial to make it fair if u want..in fact I insist and will let everyone know who has a copy

Twister
14-04-15, 17:50
Entry 1
2 coats Sanding Sealer and a rub of Carnuba

Twister
14-04-15, 17:51
Entry 2
Sierra pen and pencil dressed in ABS plastic segmented with fibre washer and credit card.

Twister
14-04-15, 17:52
Entry 3
Longwood 24kt dressed in Elm

Twister
14-04-15, 17:53
Entry 4
A pair of Cigars
They are made from Wych Elm and finished with CA and then polished

Twister
14-04-15, 17:54
Entry 5
The kits are Gold & Black American flat tops dressed in olive wood

Twister
14-04-15, 17:55
Entry 6
Sierra's dressed in Imbuia

Twister
14-04-15, 17:56
Entry 7
Sierra Pen and Pencil in Thuya Burr

Twister
14-04-15, 17:57
Entry 8
slimline pair in olive

Twister
14-04-15, 18:00
All entries are now uploaded
If I have missed any scream please:whistling::whistling::whistling:

The voting will start when I get the big boss to setup that part
Will update you all when that happens

Play nicely please
feel free to guess who made what...just keep it to yourself

Thankyou again for all that took part

Steve

Jim
14-04-15, 18:23
A big thank you for taking the time to run the competition Steve, and thank you to everyone who has taken part .. Please can everyone make the effort to nominate your favourite set and support the guys entries .. :thumbs:

Good luck to every one who has entered the competition .. :thumbs:

rayf6604
14-04-15, 18:44
Nomination done. A wonderful collection of pen and pencil sets. Good luck to everyone who has taken part :thumbs:

GeordieB
14-04-15, 19:02
Vote done well done to all the how have taken part all the best of luck :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Indie Shed
14-04-15, 19:29
Well done Steve, I have nominated - some fine entries there! Good luck everyone!

donwatson
14-04-15, 19:48
Vote cast. Best of luck everyone :thumbs:

Vic Perrin
14-04-15, 21:01
Cast my vote. Good luck to all.

chas_41_uk
14-04-15, 21:45
Some very nice pens there guys. I've got my choice down to two entries, just got to decide which one :thinks:

billyb_imp
15-04-15, 06:23
A load of very nice looking pens, a difficult decision, well done to all that entered :thumbs::thumbs:

Grump
15-04-15, 07:21
Still easy to know who did what init?
Or at least have a good guess, 3 of em jump out who the authors are.
Nice pens, good compo, all good entries congratulations to the winner, blimey I nearly named him then. :funny::funny::funny::funny:

Baldy
15-04-15, 16:24
Think I have now voted all top entries [emoji106] [emoji106]

wm460
15-04-15, 21:52
Great looking pens/pencils.
Too early in the morning after celebrating Grump Birthday to make a decision cept gotta buy more beer some bugger drunk all mine last night.:pint:

Lons
15-04-15, 23:07
Great looking pens/pencils.
Too early in the morning after celebrating Grump Birthday to make a decision cept gotta buy more beer some bugger drunk all mine last night.:pint:

Shame your dog cooper is no longer with you Mark, he looks like he would have guarded your Fosters for you:funny:

nimrod
16-04-15, 19:05
Some excellent entries, picking a winner took quite a while and a few changes of mind, well done and good luck everyone.

Robin

Twister
16-04-15, 20:26
only 22 votes so far

why ?

come on guys ...support the entrants that managed to put a pair up
I would never have managed to enter this one...my lathe is sulking in the corner at the moment...not sure it will talk to me again:nooidea:

i am sure there was a lot of hassle and deliberation with this competition so a bit of support would be nice .....please

i am off to buy 20 x million winner tickets tomorrow..no promises sorry

Steve

Twister
20-04-15, 18:42
no more votes?why?

do we have more than 22 active members ?
come on everyone..the entrants deserve a bit more than this please

Steve

Jim
20-04-15, 19:22
no more votes?why?

do we have more than 22 active members ?
come on everyone..the entrants deserve a bit more than this please

Steve

Maybe it is time to give up ... :vangry:

Vic Perrin
20-04-15, 20:26
No don't give up I love to see the competition entries and really enjoy taking part Win Loose or Draw it's a great challenge and a credit to those who organise the competitions

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

chas_41_uk
20-04-15, 20:37
No don't give up I love to see the competition entries and really enjoy taking part Win Loose or Draw it's a great challenge and a credit to those who organise the competitions

I'm with Vic on this. Keep the comps going. It's great to see how those who enter interpret the brief and it give everyone the opportunity to try something they may not have done before.
OK so not many entered this comp, including me. But I just didn't have the free time. I intended to, I bought a pencil kit at the Newark show.

But only 22 votes. That is bad considering how many "active" members of the forum there are :nonono:
Come on guys, your on here anyway, it will only take a couple of minutes to look at the entries and cast your vote :thumbs:

Grump
20-04-15, 21:12
I ain't gonna make excuses for not entering, I have my reasons.
I do think it was really good of Steve to organize and put up a compo.
I think every entrant deserves to win.
I think they all at least deserve a vote now get on with it and cast your vote init?

paulm
20-04-15, 21:16
JFDI init :thumbs:

GeordieB
21-04-15, 18:46
I to think the comps should continue but 22 votes is crap for the amount of members on here :down:

Phil Dart
21-04-15, 19:02
Well there's got to be more than 22 now - I for one have voted since that number came up. Maybe if you start a new thread pointing people in this direction...... Sometimes people only look at an old thread once than they don't revisit. Maybe some people don't realise there's a vote going on here.:shocking: Just a thought.

chas_41_uk
21-04-15, 19:29
If it was a sticky topic stuck to the top of the "new posts" page that would get it more notice as well

Lons
21-04-15, 19:50
It would be a shame to stop the comps no matter how many enter or vote. The result doesn't really matter imo it's taking part that counts but we have to be realistic and accept that not everyone can or wants to enter. It costs no time at all to vote though so little excuse for not so doing.:nonono:

I think members should vote more in recognition of the guys who invested the time to organize the comps as they are the ones who deserve all the credit. It's not on that Steve and Jim are now thinking "why do we bother" because some of us haven't made the effort to click a mouse button.:nooidea:

edit: I'm rambling on again :goesred:

Jim
22-04-15, 21:27
There have been a few more Phil, but more would still be better .. :thumbs:

Twister
22-04-15, 21:32
nice to see a few more votes

Steve

TaylorsMirfield.co.uk
22-04-15, 23:18
Jim. Is there a way to vote on taptalk?

TaylorsMirfield.co.uk
23-04-15, 15:18
vote cast. I vote for the raving loony party.

chas_41_uk
23-04-15, 17:25
vote cast. I vote for the raving loony party.

Doesn't that count as a vote for most people here, including those who didn't enter toe comp :wink::funny::funny:

Twister
23-04-15, 18:12
thanks to all that have voted...a few more would be nice
I have purchased the tickets and will send the pics of them to our boss
the voting completes in 1 week from now
the tickets are for tomorrow night (giving me just under a week to skip the country with all the winnings :winking:)

Steve

Lons
23-04-15, 21:02
the tickets are for tomorrow night (giving me just under a week to skip the country with all the winnings :winking:) Steve

:funny::funny::funny:

Bill Mooney
23-04-15, 21:36
Unfortunately it's not the only forum to have lack of support in comps. I only enter one comp & I have a year to make it. It depends on the state of my eyes whether I turn or not so don't like deadlines, but it's not through lack of enthusiasm that I don't enter but I do vote because I think the guys who do enter deserve support.

Dalboy
23-04-15, 22:01
I enjoy the competitions but did not enter this one. I will not make any excuse as there really is none, I just get carried away with other projects and forget. I would like to see them continue and thank all those that get involved in running them, in this case young Steve AKA Twister

silver
23-04-15, 22:17
I had my compo pair ready, that I should have entered then missed the deadline...:sob:

I blame the drugs, forgot to keep taking them.

seriously the comps need to keep going, for the good of the forum and everyone on here.

But sadly we have quite a big portion of "sleeping" members that don't bother comming in to enter or even say anything.

Now that would be Intereting to understand..:thinks: Why?

Lainey
23-04-15, 23:17
What beautiful pen/ pencil sets , you are all very talented . I've cast my vote , good luck .!

Vic Perrin
24-04-15, 07:09
As the old saying goes you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink. I enter the competitions to really support those who have taken their time and money to organise it. They also make you get out of your safe box and have a go at something different. Take the last completion for instance I had never attempted a closed end pen before but found tons of guidance and advice on how to do it on here. The results of the competition are secondary to me it is just good to see other people's ideas (and copy them :thumbs:)

Lons
24-04-15, 09:15
As the old saying goes you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink. I enter the competitions to really support those who have taken their time and money to organise it. They also make you get out of your safe box and have a go at something different. Take the last completion for instance I had never attempted a closed end pen before but found tons of guidance and advice on how to do it on here. The results of the competition are secondary to me it is just good to see other people's ideas (and copy them :thumbs:)

My reasons and sentiments exactly Vic. If someone makes the considerable effort not to mention cost of the prize, to organize a comp then it deserves entries no matter what the standard those are and in return, those who have taken the time to enter need support also. No excuses apart from ill health, we're all busy!

Bigblackdog
24-04-15, 10:17
i think that I have voted.

donwatson
24-04-15, 17:24

+1 what Vic says

Twister
30-04-15, 17:45
Ok Guys

Competition ends midnight tonight GMT
can we get the last votes in please?

Steve

Penpal
30-04-15, 20:52
Competition is great we all compete in some form but the remoteness, the insider factors make it hard to follow for example we get to know each others work who to vote for becomes insider why I abstain certainly date changes conditions and confusion from this distance such a lot of organisation well meaning for so few. Judging impartially always was critical to me in answer to the question why or not participate. I would suggest a pen swap but within your local countries may draw the crowd. I have made a great many friends over the years in pen swaps.

What made me think was I entered the IAP swap for this May freight has become a serious consideration but one of our daughters will spend a month with us soon so she can act as courier for me in America. One year a top mate of mine and I drew as swappees and a host of other previous great memories flooded. Over the years I have saved hundreds odf dollars with our daughter safe handing.Two outstanding results were a guy I swapped with I paid for two faxcimile copies of the American Declaration of Independace (a cousin of mine was the 42nd signer and co author of the Declaration) the copies were in 3/4 inch beautiful timber 14 inches by 11 inches burnt in by laser on spalted timber)

Recently with our friend in Italy I offered to send blanks to cheer him up after his disastrous trip to the UK what with the nigh on 50.00 dollars freight quote and 50.00 dollars value of the blanks at just under 500 gms weight this has me pondering on another way.

Peter.

wm460
02-05-15, 13:23
Shame your dog cooper is no longer with you Mark, he looks like he would have guarded your Fosters for you:funny:

Cooper had good taste, used to love Coopers beer.:thumbs::thumbs:

wm460
02-05-15, 13:26
I to think the comps should continue but 22 votes is crap for the amount of members on here :down:

Crap I don't think I voted, All Grumps fault he got me pissed and I forgot about it.:nooidea: