• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Stabilising Resin

Bigblackdog

Registered
First Name
Mark
No, but I had a look at a blank done with it at the Newark show and i was certainly interested in finding out a bit more in due course.

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Do you have a vacuum chamber Jim?

Not at the moment Dan, but i have one on its way to me in the next few weeks ..

By eck Jim, I don't think your missus will be happy if you nick the Dyson and use her best pressure cooker..:nonono:

kjmc1957

Registered
Hi Dan

Doesn't look like any one else is going to take the hint, I have a vacuum chamber and I'll happily test the new stabiliser and I have a pressure pot so I'd be happy to test the resin as well. Don't ask, don't get!!!!

First Name
Dan
Hi Dan

Doesn't look like any one else is going to take the hint, I have a vacuum chamber and I'll happily test the new stabiliser and I have a pressure pot so I'd be happy to test the resin as well. Don't ask, don't get!!!!
Where did you get your chamber from? Can anyone explain to me what a vacuum generator is?

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It a venturi device that connects to your compressor but vacuums the air out of whatever you connect it to.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Is it a small inline device?

It can be, some of them are as small as 2"x2"x1", but I don't know how efficient they are. I looked at them when I was looking at vacuum pumps and decided a vacuum pump would be much quieter and more efficient.

Peter

kjmc1957

Registered
Hi Dan
Mine is a painters pressure pot,an enormous thing actually, I put the lid on to add pressure from a compressor and I take the lid off, place a 12mm piece of perspex with a vacuum gauge and pump attached to it to vacuum with, I'll take some photos and PM them to you.

Shaver

First Name
Tam
I picked up 2 with silencers on ebay for less than £5. Not got them rigged up yet too many things getting in the way. They often come from old packing machinery where they are used to lift and place parts on a auto system.

For Dan, basic diagram of a generator - vacgen.jpg

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
It's great on here, all these ideas being tossed around with links to new sites and new products and learning new things. The knowledge some of the members on here have and impart to others is worthy of recognition and thanks. Well done all, long may it continue.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
It's great on here, all these ideas being tossed around with links to new sites and new products and learning new things. The knowledge some of the members on here have and impart to others is worthy of recognition and thanks. Well done all, long may it continue.

That explains the venturi system, there are other stronger, quieter and more reliable ways to create a vacuum

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).