• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Flaming Pink on a Slimline

Jim

Grand Master
This is one of the Flaming Pink blanks from Merv. The center band is from a piece of pink crush acrylic that i had laying around the shed. The accents are from a Silver plated slimline kit ... Micro-meshed and polished with Farecla Profile 300/500

pink_resin_slimline_pen.jpg

mervyn cadman

Not many blokes are into pink guys, this is one of the top selling blanks I make the girls love em, Jim was the pen made from the 25mm blank if it was I recommend using the 20mm blanks for smaller diameter pens only it would be a lot of waste.

As for the pen Jim you have made a cracking job and I love the centre band...great idea! and very well matched in, another point to make here is the Pear-Ex(pink colour) can tend to be translucent on very small diameter pens and painting the brass tubes white would be advisable...I'm not sure if Jim done this or if he needed to.

I don’t think you will have any problem giving this away Jim to a young girl.

Thanks for posting it matey

Merv

Jim

Grand Master
This was the 20mm blank that you threw in Merv .. I am waiting for a package to arrive with some pen kits that will suit the 25mm blanks ... :winking:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).