• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello from Scotland.

Midnightlunchbox

Registered
First Name
Craig
Hi,

I've just joined the forums so I thought I'd say hello. I'm not really sure what to say about myself so here goes. I live in Aberdeenshire, been a joiner all my days and am now a lecturer in Carpentry & Joinery at Aberdeen College.

I have been turning for about 20 years now. I learned how to use a lathe whilst attending college as part of my apprenticeship and never looked back. I try to get out to the garage as much as I can but with two kids (6 and 2) and a wife that works shifts it can be sporadic.

I have been turning pens for about 5 years and I'm constantly learning. I have a real interest in hybrid blanks and higher end stuff and I'm looking forward to picking up more tips on here.

Thanks for reading this,
Craig Daniel

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome to the forum Craig, it sounds like you won't need a lot of help from us, you might give us some tips. How about showing us some pictures of what you've made?

Barry

Graduate Member
First Name
Barry
Hi Craig welcome to the forum hi end blanks you can find on here and a lot of low end dead beats who take a lot of meds:face::face:

Midnightlunchbox

Registered
First Name
Craig
Hi lads, thanks for the replies. I have tried to attach some pictures of a couple if recent pens but I'm on my ipad so I'm not sure it will work! Both are turned from hybrid blanks from George Watkins (I think his stuff is terrific).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 45

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Craig, some nice looking pens, Georges blanks certainly are top of the range .. :thumbs:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Glad you made it Craig. One thing I did forget to tell you about this lot and that is they are all mad. They are also very helpful and knowledgeable lot after they have taken their medication:funny::funny::funny:

Some great looking pens you have there.

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Welcome along Craig and nice to see some of your work, Georges blanks are wonderful, I love them and you've done a great job of turning the ones you're showing here :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Welcome to the forums, our opinions on what you call high end blanks differ but I can live with that.
Eventually.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).