• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Northern Pen Show

Jim

Grand Master
No one i recognised Chas, but i did see a couple timed at 1.00 minute, looking very suspicious .. :ciggrin::ciggrin:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
About 1 min 5.
Someone has had a haircut since Newark, and it's not me!:ciggrin:
Yes Neil. I decided it was time for the summer hair cut :wink:

No one i recognised Chas, but i did see a couple timed at 1.00 minute, looking very suspicious .. :ciggrin::ciggrin:
Your right there Jim, the woman looks very furtive. She hates having her photo taken or being on video. Something to do with "In case the authorities recognise her" :funny::funny:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
How about that lesson one thousand in presentation finish on pens boxing use of printing harken to the most professional sign outside certainly not a young persons pursuit come on now what stood out for you. First of all I lved the location clean, inviting and busy enough to be comfortable signs of friendly drop in visitors and general well being loved it felt I was right there.

Thanks Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
How about that lesson one thousand in presentation finish on pens boxing use of printing harken to the most professional sign outside certainly not a young persons pursuit come on now what stood out for you. First of all I lved the location clean, inviting and busy enough to be comfortable signs of friendly drop in visitors and general well being loved it felt I was right there.

A lot of the dealers there used cases to display their pens rather than presentation boxes. The higher priced items like modern Conway Stewart, Namiki etc. were in flashy presentation boxes as you would expect.

There were two things I really did notice though.

1. The price of the same make and model of pen, in similar conditions varied quite a lot. Sometimes one person was charging double what another was. No consistency
  2. From what I could see there were two people there selling hand turned pens. One was selling mostly PSI kits and happy to admit it. The other tried to make out to me his pens were unique etc etc until I pointed out to him that one tray was full of Sierra type kits. He then tried to make out his blanks were unique and we wouldn't see those anywhere else. Hmmmmmm Conway Stewart blanks just like Vinny sells. I think he realised then he wasn't going to fool me but he tried to make out his were better quality :rolling:

However I enjoyed myself even if "Her indoors" tried to get me to buy things I didn't want, as usual :funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).