• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Weather

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
For the benefit of our Australia turning friends, I am not whining!

However, the temperature in Hitchin at 6.15 this evening measured on a meteorological office calibrated thermometer is 34 in the shade. Gawd knows what it was in the workshop as the thermometer gave up at 42. Everything is separated liquids, the elm wax I have looks more like treacle, the EEE cream is like a pot of warm tea. I was a fat knacker this morning but feel like twiggy now.

sbwertz

First Name
Sharon
We had a little cold front come through Arizona yesterday...high of 29c. Our normal for this time of year is 42c. Supposed to be about 36c today...still pretty cool for us. :banana:

Jim

Grand Master
Be careful Neil, young Alex will bite ya ankles complaining that the weather is to hot ... :whistling: So man up ya gret poof ... :tongue:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Be careful Neil, young Alex will bite ya ankles complaining that the weather is to hot ... :whistling: So man up ya gret poof ... :tongue:

I worked in the middle east for a year, and places like Djibouti (the north east of Africa next to Ethiopia) and Pakistan, and they were hot, but they didn't have the oppresive atmosphere to go with it.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Neil,

Remember discussions of differing meanings for same words well your fat knacker to twiggy is construed over here as one half of a castration still we understand thats not what you meant? Please explain.

Kind regards Peter.

Jim

Grand Master
I noticed on Saturday that my EEE cream had sort of a greyish wax on top .. Where as it is normally a brown colour, so i just stirred it in ... :nooidea:

Jim

Grand Master
Well today has been a big turnaround with the weather, got up this morning to thunder and lightening, and it has been raining just about all day .. The shed would have been at a good temperature today so i bet i would have have got plenty of jobs done ... :tongue:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
The road outside our bungalow is flooded after only an hours rain but by golly is it chucking it down

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Neil,

Remember discussions of differing meanings for same words well your fat knacker to twiggy is construed over here as one half of a castration still we understand thats not what you meant? Please explain.

Kind regards Peter.

Peter, Fat knacker - being over weight and over the hill, Twiggy, being slim, after the actress from the 70's!!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).