• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

celtic knot blanks

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
I dont know were you can buy them and if you can but you could explain the problem you are have and we might be able to help

Jim

Grand Master
Hi Y/T, when you say failed attempts, where is it that you go wrong, as there are people on here who can give some tips and/or advice to help you get to making your own ... :wink:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi some pics of your failed attempts would be of help so we can see were you are going wrong

Jim

Grand Master
when i an trying to cut up the blank and glueing it back together i cant seem to get everything to line up properly

Don't cut all the way through the blank, stop with about 2/3 mm uncut, you can then slide your inlay in the cut ...

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I use a bit of angle alloy to reassemble mine without any problems but your way sounds better Jim I will give it a go next time I make one

Jim

Grand Master
This lathe will do you a good job for pen making, small projects and decent size bowls .. It is a decent lathe for the price ...:wink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).