• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

TM Resin Saver MK2

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
The more I see you're video, the more I need a 3d printer :funny:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
The more I see you're video, the more I need a 3d printer :funny:

Oh me too init?
What a wonderful thing, I was watching em do that at work the other day printing parts for their satellites to go far away in the clouds.

Two blokes in smokers corner discussing about how one part is made here and another is made there and it's assembled in a field between the two places and blasted off.
Failures on all 15 attempts so far, they can't get the join right and weather hasn't helped.
After they had gone through the methods used and some were ridiculous to say the least, rivets weigh more than the thing they're blasting off and causes fatigue from the holes etc.
I listened to all the crap they spoke and said:
It seems obvious to me that an easy, quick and cheap method of assembly would be to work inside a box with a viewing panel, a clear plastic bin would do.
That would protect from the weather allowing you to dry the joint area apply some Velcro and melt the end with a battery soldering iron so it can't peel apart.
You could even make the parts with the Velcro in place and covered to keep the elements out, simply a matter of slapping them together and sealing ends.
Guess what they do now and what works, did the cleaner get the credit? Oh no young Julian has been promoted for his innovation.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Its always the same Brian, but at least you and now I know :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
There's more than one way to skin a cat Ray.
Trouble is I can't afford any of the way's init?

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Would you be better with printing a former with an hole instead of the bit stuck out for the hole. Then when you come to mould you can stick in a silicon plug to the holes in the former, which can be easily removed seperate from the mould, making it easier to remove the mould from the former leaving the formed holes for the silicon plugs when casting??

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).