• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi from a new Member in Kent

Phil5th

First Name
Phil
Hi, I'm Phil from St.Margaret's, in the county of Kent, just around the corner from another member, Daveygee who introduce the forum to me. I have been turning for a couple of years having bought a cheep lathe from Machine Mart, couldn't get on with it and ended up giving it to a Charity Shop, then found a Record Power DML36SH on eBay and was hooked, soon outgrew that and bought a Record Power CL4 and loved it until I saw Dave's lathe from Axminster, still we all have to have something to aim for. I found a local place doing a weekend course and went along to make sure I wasn't going to do myself or my tools any harm. I class myself as a Hobby Turner as until I can Retire (3 years 5 months 2 weeks and 2 Days, not that I'm Counting), Work gets in the way of my Playtime. I'm always willing to learn and don't think I'll ever be as good as some of the turners I've seen on here. I like to have a go at different projects and get a little bored of turning the same items, so am always looking for something different to have a go at. I've made several Pens and other items over the over the last year or two and those that my wife hasn't claimed I've given to Family or sold to work mates.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi Phil and welcome you poor ol bugger now you are lost forever there's no escape for you now mate give my regards to Dave next time you see him

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hi again Phil as you may have already found out they are a bunch of nutters on here but they are friendly and don't bite well not all of them. I'm just up the road from you and Dave in Canterbury and as you have found out he is a great guy he helped me when my computer went bang.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Phil already you have back up with two members great Idea to share mate Welcome from over here where the vsun shines but the frosts bite.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Wrongway

First Name
Robbie
Hi Phil and welcome. I am relatively new to the forum but found they are a very friendly and helpful lot here with a mine of information and experience.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome Phil to the forum, now climb up on the couch and look into my eyes, not around the eyes....

Paul

Fellow
Welcome fella. There's a few Kentish chaps here. Both Kentish men and men of Kent. ( never know the difference)

I'm an immigrant.

I come from Sussex.

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
" I class myself as a Hobby Turner as until I can Retire (3 years 5 months 2 weeks and 2 Days, not that I'm Counting), Work gets in the way of my Playtime."

Its only counting when you add the hours, minutes and seconds. I totally agree with the second part of the above sentence. my favourite saying is "Work is the curse of the Working classes"

Anywho, welcome on board the good ship lollipop, stand back from the railings and make sure your medication is taken daily.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).