• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My tip for safety

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Yesterday I fitted a hand rail to assist safety at our place our front landing was open so I built it in to gain maximum space you step of the top step in also creating a worry leaving the verandah. Since one of us is losing his balance and in defference to others I fitted this handrail yesterday. Ho hum I hear you say big deal but again yesterday is used taps to cut threaded holes to anchor the rail, outside there are roofs supported on steel posts 6 inches across and 3/8 thick I bolted the cross beams with 3/4 inch S Steel bolts threaded into the posts making me think of the thosands of uses I have had from my collection Of Stocks Dies etc over the years so glad I chose quality taps and dies.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 76

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Thats excellent Peter. For some reason though I don't associate you with safety given your past exploits of jumping from roofs etc. :funny:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Thats excellent Peter. For some reason though I don't associate you with safety given your past exploits of jumping from roofs etc. :funny:

Me either Paul but I was a Union Delegate for many years with The Electrical Trade Union had a mindfull of O H & S trying to help myself for a change.Running jumping in moderation now the city is subsidising a few tasks around the home including trimming the twenty foot hedge. Many years ago SWMBO was stood on a ladder base while I was up trimming whatever happened I ended up in the hedge nearly speared on the cut stems scared the pants sideways on me trying to realise although I see through 15 tr old eyes leave the gymnastics to others. I even use safety matches to light the insence part sticks near the cats scratch box.:chuckle:

Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).