• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

For George Wilma and me 1952 in front of my mates Triumph Mayflower

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Old memories, that car never quite made it . Finding old everything for our family history this was 61 yrs ago.

Kind regards Peter.

Attachments

• Mayflower 001.jpg
    Mayflower 001.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 24

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Almost all aluminium body, Ash floor and in the centre of the hubcaps a globe with the slogan "Triumph of the World", unreliable side valve engine that never went anywhere.
Dandy young couple posing with a heap of crap even by standards in those days.
Now tell us the chainsaw came out of the boot, car got filled with the trees in the background and pretty little Wilma followed home on her bike.
The pen in the photo above is the last one remaining from the spoils of a charming day out, Oh the memories an old picture can conjure up eh.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane, hey love to Wilma what a catch you had there young fella.

Bluefoxy

Brings back happy memories for me. In 1962 myself and 3 friends drove a mayflower to St Tropez. Mainly without incident but it did break down a couple of times. The ingenuity of French blacksmiths to forge repaired parts was amazing. The reason for the journey was to see the divine Bardot but unfortunately when we got there she was filming in America. Ce la vie!!

Ray

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
The reason for the journey was to see the divine Bardot but unfortunately when we got there she was filming in America. Ce la vie!!

Ray

You should have emailed her mate, told her you was on the way to see her. :winking:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
A funny thing happened to me in the 70,s an Italian born mate of mine showed me an invite to travel back to Canberra to the Italian Club very much in its heyday then to meet and greet Gina Lolabrigida not sure of spelling since she came from the same village as my mate in Calabria. The evening arrived we duly made the journey fronted up to the desk, met her bought her book( it was also a book promotion ) she was a" photographer" and her pics etc were in this flash table top book and a powerful Celebrity. My mate froze so I spoke to her for quite a while kicked my mate gently in the shin said say something in Italian, bought the book each she leaned over and nearly fell out of her dress I got the pictures and we were subject to considerable inquisitions from both our wives more especially when the pics were processed larger than life. Altogether incredible experience for us. Our wives have almost forgiven us. We my mate and I remembered old times last monday as his wife was present we carefully talked about our victories and some losses as Aldermen on the City Council in the 70,s you know the older we get the better we were stuff. All good fun.

The owner of the Mayflower prompted me to look him up backtracked learned he moved many years ago living in NSW had passesd away 7 yrs ago so time passes quickly spoke with his wife condolences etc when this pic was taken by my mate he was going with another girl same name Lois later engaged broke up then married this other Lois so I changed the subject of the Mayflower and pressed on with family talk, this mate and I served our apprenticeship at the same time Tech together very close buddies the Army National Service Reserve Army for years. Ces La Vie.

Amazing things happen.

Kind regards Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).