• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello from South west Scotland

YorkieT

Apprentice Member
First Name
Alan
Hi,

My name is Alan, originally from Sheffield but recently decided it was a good time to retire early ( 54 ) :thumbs:
Used to do a bit of woodturning a few years ago but due to work I have not done any for approx 5+years but all that is going to change and woodturning will be my winter hobby with the odd turning session through the summer :wink:
I am sure I will find things to inspire me on here, plenty of info to sift through :winking:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome Alan, I guess your summer projects will be knitting jumpers for the winter up there :funny:

YorkieT

Apprentice Member
First Name
Alan
Cheers for the warm welcome guys :thumbs:

Winters seem to be milder up here than in South Yorkshire :tongue:

Plenty of logs collected and dried already :banana:

If it's a mad house I should fit in quite nicely :whistling:

YorkieT

Apprentice Member
First Name
Alan
Found some great info so far, one of the best sites I have come across so far and friendly to boot :thumbs:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Found some great info so far, one of the best sites I have come across so far and friendly to boot :thumbs:

Oh no, there are some miserable bastards here as well, a few watching the forum in silence rotting quietly, and a fair bunch of loonies as well. Speaking of which theres a nutcase down the road from you who escaped from Yorkshire, got as far as Lesmahagow. Where is Stephen??

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Welcome Alan dont be like Phil and spend so much time at the trough. Welcome from the great white distance over here.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).