• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Proud Dad!

naxie

Registered
I thought you might like to see my sons first turned piece. We are going to see his Nanny in France next week and he wanted to make something for her. All I did for him was roughed the blank to shape, clamped the wood in the drill vice, put the drill bits in the chuck and mounted it between centres for him. The design the colour, the coves, lines and finish were down to him.

He was fully geared up with mask and visor and the only damage done was a bit of green staining on his fingers! He thinks that's cool though like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle!

I'm sure Nanny will be pleased as punch with her new light pull. Mummy wants him to make her one tomorrow.

I think it's pretty good for a 6 year old :thumbs:

Jack_Lightpull.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
Ed, that is good for a six year old without doubt. :thumbs: Won't be long before your adding his pens .... :whistling:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Pretty good I think it is bloody good and I'm sure Nanny will be so proud that everyone will be invited in to see it

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
That is absolutely marvellous, very well done young man.
Enjoy your trip to France Nanny will be so pleased to receive this she will commission you to make them for the whole of France.
You could could make her a flush handle and a door handle to match one for Christmas and one for her Birthday.
Before you know it you will have a cottage industry and take care of Mummy and Daddy in their receding years.
Proud Dad indeed I would think the whole forum are proud of him, make him a member and he will take the title from young Alex as youngest member.
Lets hear from the lad himself he can give us some lessons .

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).