• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bodgers Ball

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Last weekend saw the Association of Pole Lathe Turners and Green Wood workers annual "Bodgers Ball" at Sherwood Forest.
Here's a small selection of some of the items entered in their annual competition
IMG_0028.JPG
IMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0036.JPG
IMG_0037.JPG
IMG_0039.JPG
IMG_0040.JPG
IMG_0022.JPG

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
LOts of new steps there Chas thousands of words of praise from me grateful for the beaut pics and your sharing how did you go mate.

Peter.:claps:

Jim

Grand Master
It is great to see that this type of turning still happens, i wouldn't have the patience for it to be honest .. Thanks for the pictures Chas .. :thumbs:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
LOts of new steps there Chas thousands of words of praise from me grateful for the beaut pics and your sharing how did you go mate.
Peter.:claps:
I didn't enter anything in the competitions this year Peter. But I will give it a go next year :thumbs:

Some lovely stuff there Chas, are you a Bodger?
Thats a rather personal question Paul :funny:
I have been known to do a bit of spoon carving, but I am still a beginner, no where near the standard in the photos.
I have a pole lathe, but I am still learning on that as well.
Electric lathes are far easier :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Still utterly impressed the grain on the Sycamore and Beech unbelievable with furniture fit for any setting. You will get there Chas. thanks again mate.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).