• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My first bowl

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I made this little bowl this morning boy was it good to be back in action I dont know what the wood is apart from it being a burr a friend dropped it of for me last week with a van full of wood I will post another photo when it is finished

Attachments

• DSCF1209 (2).JPG
    DSCF1209 (2).JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF1210 (2).JPG
    DSCF1210 (2).JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF1212 (2).JPG
    DSCF1212 (2).JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 29

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
It looks like you have already taken a bite from it, your supposed to eat what's inside not the bowl.:bwink:

I shudder at the skill that took having made a few bowls myself.

Jim

Grand Master
Nicely turned and shaped Woody, what are you doing to finish it ... :nooidea:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Nicely turned and shaped Woody, what are you doing to finish it ... :nooidea:

Several more coats of teak oil denib between coats till I am happy with it then polish if needed I will post it when it is finished

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Woody,

Dont change anything but finishing absolutely entranced by the light wood with so many features a few years ago I gave all my bowls away to my kids. Unlike visiting Richard Raffan they eat their cereal, have mixed nut bowls huge to small everywhere. One time he had an Electrical Circuit problem and after fixing the problem he said you havent seen my sales room have you then said i dont really like this or that well I fell for it and came out with one of his masterpieces will post a pic one day, personally your bowl will stand up in any crowd as one of the best, you have an all seeing eye for design and real finish.

Kind regards Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).