• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Black Corian Red acrylic finals

Zman

First Name
Itzhak
:love_it:
Center turnable Jewish Text Ring

:rolling:

Attachments

• WIA2453MQQ.jpg
    WIA2453MQQ.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 93
  • WIA2454MMQQ.jpg
    WIA2454MMQQ.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 93
  • WIA2460MMQQ.jpg
    WIA2460MMQQ.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 93
  • WIA245DMMQQ.jpg
    WIA245DMMQQ.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 93
  • WIA2472QQQ.jpg
    WIA2472QQQ.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 93

Jim

Grand Master
Sure is a cracking pen Itzhak, i like the idea of the red accents .. :thumbs:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Really nice pen Itzhak, but it's either the picture or reflections but I don't think the finish is as good as you normally get it.

I can see what looks like fine radial lines in around it and not got that "glass like" finish I'm used to seeing on your pens mate. Only my opinion.

But I like the style, shape and visual impact of the pen.. Really nice pen..

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Itzhak you must be able to get thicker Corian than us over here or did you glue together the normal 1/2 inch? Neat to see you back turning interesting banding and accent.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Zman

First Name
Itzhak
Itzhak you must be able to get thicker Corian than us over here or did you glue together the normal 1/2 inch? Neat to see you back turning interesting banding and accent.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Yes it is two 12 mm plates glued :thinks:

Zman

First Name
Itzhak
Really nice pen Itzhak, but it's either the picture or reflections but I don't think the finish is as good as you normally get it.

I can see what looks like fine radial lines in around it and not got that "glass like" finish I'm used to seeing on your pens mate. Only my opinion.

But I like the style, shape and visual impact of the pen.. Really nice pen..

The finish is very high, you have to realize the higher the surface finish is, higher visible microscopic marks are seen,
There is no limit for surface finish grade, The question is how many work hours to invest for certain velue :rolling:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
The finish is very high, you have to realize the higher the surface finish is, higher visible microscopic marks:
I don't agree that the finish is very high Itzhak, as stated in my post I have seen better from you. Only my opinion my friend.

And I do realise the higher surface finish but normally the higher the finish the less chance of the camera and naked eye seeing the microscopic marks. I have been making pens for nearly 25 years (my father 10 years prior to that) I do know and experienced the many finishes. Only my opinion my friend.

The question is how many work hours to invest for certain velue :rolling:
Surely the time is well invested and worth doing tho..

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Thanks Itzak the join is complete and not evident at all how nice to enjoy the material even more. I find the U Beaut Triple EEE a marvellous preparation on the way to the final finish then considerable care with lighting forensic lighting can be cruel to even the finest finish.Beware extreme angles and closeups if you do this with portraits they never sell well in my experience., I do like your experimenting.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).