• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

On You Tube a most valuable tip.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
When casting burl timber with plastic a hole drilled and tapped in the lower middle end the a screw inserted to lock the wood in place to hold it from floating in the block the most sensible way I have ever seen to acheive wonder bonding as well.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Hi Peter

Do you have a link to the video?

No I dont but was a guy making blanks for bottle stoppers but he simply made the boxes out of Corian or somesuch after pouring pressure and setting. A word pic one piece of burl offcut held in place he undoes three screws removes the opposite end from the threaded screw taps the box the blank falls out the novel holding of the timber thimple . I have never seen this before has anyone else? One other thing just before placing in the pressure vessel he wiggled a toothpick through the mix giving a beaut ripple. Some times looking for one thing something like this ever so simple shows up you go on and the title eludes. same as the woman on Television gave me the hint how to cook the perfect poached egg ever so simple stir the boiling water and the spiral pop the egg in creative does the trick no pic necessary.

Peter.:thumbs:

:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).