• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Slimline Pens Made with Acrylic Blanks

Jim

Grand Master
Slimline pen with Black accents on an Acrylic blank named Jaz ... The center band is made from resin ...

acrylic_jazz.jpg

Slimline pen with Silver plated accents on an Acrylic blank named Ocean Deep ... The center band is made from resin ...

acrylic_ocean_deep.jpg

Slimline pen with Chrome plated accents on an Acrylic blank named California Big Valley ... The center band is made from Trustone ...

California_Big_Valley_pen_blank.jpg

Slimline pen with Silver plated accents on an Acrylic blank named Purple Haze ... The center band is made from resin ...

acrylic_purple_haze.jpg

Slimline pen with Black plated accents on an Acrylic blank named Crushed Red Ice ... The center band is made from resin ...

acrylic_crushed_ice.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks guys, i now recall while i left them so long to turn ... It is a very tedious job turning acrylic but the end results are worth it .. :pray:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Lovely selection there, Jim. As I recall you have to sharpen your tools every few seconds with acrylic, otherwise it overheats. The work of a master ...

Jim

Grand Master
Rowdy on these Acrylics and Resins i turn the blank round to about 14mm, then i use my small parting tool to remove the area where the center band is going so that i am back to the tube .... After squaring off the band i then glue it on to the tube. I then place it between the wood vice drying off, once it is dry i then square it off and replace it back on the lathe and finish off the turning ... :winking:

Other times i also do it like this .. http://www.penturners.co.uk/your-tips-jigs/208-making-center-bands-slimline-pen-kits.html :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).