• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

First trial pen from my version of a pen wizard

TK woodman

Graduate Member
First Name
Tony
First 6 sided pen made from pallet wood as a trial from my home made pen wizard (forget the centre band I thought the kit was a slimline ). It will be turned off tomorrow and a barley twist tried.

WP_20150520_004.jpg WP_20150520_002.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
Love to see things like this, thanks for sharing Tony .. Did you make the cog wheels also? :thinks:

TK woodman

Graduate Member
First Name
Tony
Love to see things like this, thanks for sharing Tony .. Did you make the cog wheels also? :thinks:

Yes Jim - They are made from MDF and an old cam belt turned inside out and glued with epoxy. I've made them before for a sanding station I made and they work well under high speed The jig is meant to be a mock up from bits and bobs but it seems to work really well so i might just end up tweaking this one so i can fit different size cogs

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
At last I have been showing my pens in hex for quite some years now in an attempt to stir the pot I have seen the use of belting this way for many purposes on You Tube thinking what a great idea. My system is quite elaborate but OH&S. Figured Peter with his building an engine would be the second one on this forum. I still deplore the Pen Wizard I have but may kick it into production yet. I noted Peter was making disks with holes been through that and accuracy is my second name and even with high powered friends they have difficulty acheiving what I regard as cheap commercial and accurate indices.

Tony there is an aluminium extrusion used over here that almost neat fits the Dremel but I have found the newer Dremels vary in body size it made to house the rear back door on trucks swivel pin I have shown my use before but will look it up again it may help you.

By the responses I always figured I would not be responsible for injuries introducing mine but theres many a slip between thinking and doing I have found. WELL DONE mate.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Tony pic of the extrusion to hold a Dremel tool.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 41
  • Dremel cut off saw.jpg
    Dremel cut off saw.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 40
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).