• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Woodturning with Phil Irons

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I've just spotted this on the Axminster website.

Tomorrow (Saturday 30th May) from 10:00 - 16:00 at Axminster's Warrington store

Phil Irons has turned exquisite vases for many years and created some wonderful one-off masterpieces in his studio workshop in Warwickshire.
His expertise has led him to write books on the subject and travel the world demonstrating and teaching his techniques.
This is a great opportunity to see a master of woodturning in action and not to be missed!

I think I may be in Warrington tomorrow morning :thinks::thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
A few weeks to early for me Chas .. It will be well worth the visit for sure .. :thumbs:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Chas I had the pleasure of meeting Phil at his workshop a while back. He is a really nice bloke and his work is fantastic. I have also attended one of his demos at my local club. Get yourself along mate it's well worth it.

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
You should have a great day out.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
If I remember a fair while back he used to sell pen gear I asked Richard Raffan who swears he would die never having made a pen he said Phil dabbles in other things. I believe he is one of the masters Phil.

Peter.:thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
He did used to sell pen gear Peter you are quite right, he was also the Vicmarc agent for England maybe UK not sure.
A very experienced spinner and nice guy to, very helpful.
I am sure anyone who goes to the sales pitch will learn loads and gain much inspiration.
Nothing cheap though??

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).