• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Slimline corian with 'bulb' grip

mattyts

Registered
Hi all,this is a simple slimline pen turned from red speckled corian(bought an assorted pack,dont know true name) and a little added shape at the nib end
Roughed it out with a round nose scraper,shaped and honed with a skew chisel then finished to 600grit (wet) and then polished with standard metal polishing paste(fine)
Picture dosent show up very well as its quite dark here but should show the finish and the shape!
CAM00061_zpsaf66f134.jpg

Matt

mattyts

Registered
Thanks terry
Out of interest,what are people using to polish their acrylic and corian? I havent used any dedicated plastic polish but instead a cutting paste for body panel repairs,available from halfords for £3.99 a tube and seems to give just as good finish,for cheaper as compared to dedicated polishes.
Matt

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Thanks terry
Out of interest,what are people using to polish their acrylic and corian? I havent used any dedicated plastic polish but instead a cutting paste for body panel repairs,available from halfords for £3.99 a tube and seems to give just as good finish,for cheaper as compared to dedicated polishes.
Matt

I use Meguiars polish from Halfords at £9.99. This was recommended by Jim but he now uses another one recommended by Pete!!!!!

Jim

Grand Master
Well done Matt, i like to use corian myself in making pens, comes up very nice ... I still use Meguiars polish, and Farecla 300 and 500 from Pete B .. Plus every know and then i use the Hut polish, i like to switch to compare the finishes ... :thumbs:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I still use Ajax or Vim Kitchen scourer and toothpaste can't beat it for cheap and I can always find some.
Technique a friend showed me, never let me down yet.and the pen chewers like the taste although they don't know what it is.:face:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I still use Ajax or Vim Kitchen scourer and toothpaste can't beat it for cheap and I can always find some.
Technique a friend showed me, never let me down yet.and the pen chewers like the taste although they don't know what it is.:face:

Your beginning to sound just like Brian No 2 LOL :winking:
OK back to the Pen in hand It looks a good n well done you turned and finished very well

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).