• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Router sled

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I made this large size to flatten large burl clock faces and a workshop bench etc etc.

Fitted two steel rods with grooves I cut on the lathe using my dremel attachment fitted that I made from aluminium extrusion and a black cutting disk fitted four runner bearings to run in the tracks. Works perfectly. Quick pic out of the shed.

Peter.:fingers::fingers:

Attachments

• DSCF0004.jpg
    DSCF0004.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 67

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
Hi Peter

I understand principle but cant see how yours works
can the router slide on the bars ?

how much space under router or do you pack under the rails?

Steve

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Hi Peter

I understand principle but cant see how yours works
can the router slide on the bars ?

how much space under router or do you pack under the rails?

Steve

The Router has height adjustment, the Router Bit can have length, The Router extension to the bit can be used. I snaffled the additional heavy duty aluminium surround and used it for another project but a timber one takes little effort to make if necessary.

The Router runs backwards and forwards on the parrallel bars its sitting on right now using the 4 bearings as wheels. Effortless and efficient.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
I like this idea Peter, i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't borrowed by a few in the future .. :winking:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).