• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

How to get lots of free tickets

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Three weeks of running a compressor the Circus comes every three years we have enjoyed heaps of tickets over the years. The Promotion has been organised by Michael Edgely for fifty odd yrs including the Russian Ballet. I used to go very early to the Ballet sit up in a hidden part above the stage got some prize winning B&W 16 by 20 inch pics using DD FF Dilute developer and rating film at 3200 ASA virtually grain free images in 35 mm film. Rating the film from 400 to 3200. I used a Leica Camera that was real quiet shutter but the biggest bummer in the dark to load film mongrel finger exercise in the light even. One night Dame Margot Fontein and Rudolph Nureyev were on stage Dame Margaret had a phobia of people taking pics during her performances demanding prefferred photographers vet every pic (she was tiny and to protect her rep she tried to avoid showing bad technique to anyone) silly people were happy snapping polaroid cameras she stopped the performance ranted for several minutes.

One other night the Russian Ballet performed it was during the cold war and there were nearly as many weird Russian secret services backstage up in my perch I saw them turning over boxes etc all night apparently someone reported seeing me go in but not where I was some 6th sense made me stay an extra hour that night and I was able to get absolutely incredible pics of the Georgian Dancers who glided in line formation and Cossack Men and Woman performing.

Another night I came down from my perch Wilma was backstage talking with an African Ballet guy nearly nine feet tall in his headdress I nearly freaked out she is 5 feet 2 inches completely comfortable.

Been able to see view witness great history for free and have fun.

Russia was in a frenzy over us aussies cause Vladimir Petrov and his wife had defected around this time. My boss as a sparky apprentice ended up as a friende of Petrov with their family Dog An Alsation named Jack a huge gentle dog at that used to play with him a lot. Note in the pic my shipping container for some of my smalls on the right 20ft bu 8ft by 8.5ft high after I cut all the orange paint of and made it dissapearing green using two layers of wire mesh and trellis to avoid the mugs with spray vandals so far so good..

Kind regards Peter..

Attachments

• DSCF0141-004.JPG
    DSCF0141-004.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 13
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).